Data Analytics Manager
FourQ is on a mission to create simple solutions to the world’s most complex problems. We are seeking a highly experienced Data Analytics Manager to lead and build the FourQ analytics team. This role will be responsible for delivering cutting-edge analytics services to stakeholders, enabling them to make fact-based decisions.
The Data Analytics Manager will produce models that can be scaled by the software development teams which enable self-serve analytical capabilities. This person will design, build and own the big data infrastructure, data pipeline, and analytics platform including Data Lake, Data Warehouse, and Business Intelligence (BI) tools.
As part of the member of this team you will play an important role in:
- Build stable, automated, and scalable solutions to make data available, accessible, and usable by all teams in the company to help drive the directions.
- Design and create reports that display data in accurate and informational views that can be leveraged for business decision making.
- Manage the build-out of statistical / machine learning models that inform technology and operational decisions.
- Oversee and enhance automated processes for daily production runs that generate and deploy datasets without manual intervention.
- Support leaders across the organization to understand key questions, develop analytical projects, gather necessary data, and deliver solutions.
- Develop new analytical capabilities and data infrastructure. Define requirements, communicate with data engineers, and quality-test the final product.
- Responsible for defining the team’s roadmap and executing against it in close collaboration with Engineering, Operation, and Product Managers.
- Own the full Data Science life cycle from initial conception to prototyping, testing, deploying, scaling, and measuring its overall business value.
- Define, build, and develop high-performing teams of experienced data scientists and data analysts to deliver world-class products. Coach and continuously drive them to achieve a higher level of excellence.
- Work and deliver end-to-end projects independently including the ability to lead teams to quickly adapt to changing priorities and generate innovative solutions in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Build and evolve models in a test and learn fashion within an Agile environment.
- Proactively drive the vision for Data Warehousing and BI across a product vertical and define and execute a plan to achieve that vision. Responsible for Strategic Data Warehouse Initiative. Work closely with all business units to develop long-term data platform architecture including plan, budget, and execution.
- Be a thought leader on data systems, data mining, and analysis to scale our capabilities, uncover trends, and develop insights.
- Ensure and continuously improve data integrity, data accuracy, and data quality.
- Get hands-on with large disparate datasets, hack through complex and messy data, and analyze it leveraging the latest algorithms and state-of-the-art techniques and tools. Translate vast amounts of data in raw formats (both structured and unstructured data) into digestible information for stakeholders to use for actionable strategies.
- Oversee the building and maintaining of reports, dashboards, and metrics to monitor the performance of our products.
- Work with executives and stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions and help determine the strategic direction of the company. Size opportunities to ensure product teams are prioritizing the most impactful work.
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to solve problems. Increase adoption of data products across business partners, to drive real business value.
- Responsible for prototype solutions, mathematical models, algorithms, machine learning techniques, and robust analytics to provide insights and development of data products.
- Develop standardized code and processes that can be easily used by the larger team.
- Inform, influence, support and execute our product decisions.
- Research new technologies and methods across data science, data engineering, and data visualization to improve the technical capabilities of the team.
- Communicate research, findings, and model results clearly and effectively to a wide audience of relevant partners and build meaningful presentations and analyses that tell a story.
- Prepare client-facing material including PowerPoint slides and charts, distilling analytical insights effectively into stories for clients.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, computer science, math, physics, or another related field
- 8+ years of data analytics
- 5+ years of SAP Analytics
- Experience with Oracle Databases
- Solid, demonstrated, team leadership experience — someone who innately knows how to empower your team to be their best selves, and can move the pieces to set them up for success
- Experience working in a matrix environment, and with diverse global teams
- Self-starter, with strong analytical and conceptual skills and attention to detail
- Ability to be adaptable to change and learn quickly in a dynamic environment
- Ability to think “outside the box” when developing solutions and creating value
- Strong team player – collaborates well with others to solve problems
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated track record in building strong cross-functional relationships.